Soups & Salads
Slow Cooker Chicken Tortilla Soup
Slow Cooker Chicken Tortilla Soup is the no-fuss way to warm up!
Prep Time 15 min
Cook Time 6 hours
- 2 1/2 (14.5 oz) cans low-sodium chicken broth (4 1/2 cups)
- 1 (14.5 oz) can Pickwell Farms petite diced tomatoes
- 1 1/4 cups finely chopped yellow onion
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp Marcum chili powder
- 2 tsp Marcum ground cumin
- 3/4 tsp Marcum paprika
- 1/2 tsp Marcum ground coriander
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper , to taste
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 (14.5 oz) can Wylwood black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 1/2 cups frozen corn
- 1 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Topping: Tortilla chips, shredded cheddar or monterey jack cheese, diced avocado, diced roma tomatoes, and/or sour cream
NotesHealthy Swap: Swap out your sour cream with original greek yogurt (you wont even notice a difference in taste!)
- Pour chicken broth and diced tomatoes into a slow cooker. Add onion, garlic, chili powder, cumin, paprika, coriander and season with salt and pepper to taste. Add chicken breasts then cover with lid and cook on LOW heat 6 hours, or until chicken is coo
- Remove chicken and shred, then return to slow cooker along with black beans, corn, cilantro and lime juice, stir. Allow to cook until heated through.
- Serve with tortilla strips and cheese and other optional ingredients.