Soups & Salads
Chicken Tortilla Soup
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 25 minutes
- 1 Can Black Beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breast
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil, split
- 1 1/2 tsp Cumin
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 2 tsp Chili Powder
- 1/2 tsp Cilantro
- 1/2 tsp Iodized Salt
- 1 Diced Onion
- 1 Bag Corn
- 3 Cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 Can Diced Petite Tomatoes
- 6 Cups Chicken Stock
- 5 Tortillas cut into strips
NotesAdditional Toppings: Sour Cream, Avocado, Onion, Salsa, Cheese, Cilantro
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Coat chicken breasts in 1 tablespoon of olive oil. In a small bowl mix together: Cumin, Chili Powder, Garlic Powder, Cilantro and salt. Sprinkle half of the mixture over the chicken breasts. Save the other half of the spice mixture for later.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. Shred cooked chicken using 2 forks. Set aside.
- In a large pot, heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil over medium-high heat. Cook diced onion and garlic. After vegetables have softened a little bit add in shredded chicken and leftover spic mixture. Mix together. Add in tomatoes, chicken stock, black bean
- s and frozen corn. Bring soup to a boil and then reduce heat to simmer. Allow to simmer for 25-30 minutes uncovered.
- Serve with tortilla chips and other toppings!
- FREEZE: After Step 4 let soup cool completely. Split soup up into 1 Gallon Freezer Bags or in Soup Storage Containers. Leave some room in the top of the bag so bag will not split - we recommend double bagging to be safe. Lay bags flat on a sheet pan and
- freeze. Once they've frozen completely you can stack them easily in the freezer.