Soups & Salads
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 3-5 hours
- Whole Chicken Carcass or Chicken Bones
- 1 Large, chopped Yellow Onions
- 2 Large, chopped Carrotts
- 4 Garlic Cloves, Whole
- 2 Large, Chopped Celery
- On the Side Salt and Pepper to Taste
- 14-16 Cups Water
- Place all ingredients into a large pot. Add enough water to cover all ingredients by 1 inch - this should be approximately 14-16 cups.
- Bring to a gentle boil and then reduce to a low simmer. Let the stock cook for 3-5 hours.
- Carefully remove large pieces of vegetables/bone from the pot. And then strain stock into a large bowl.
- Cover the stock and chill in the fridge until the fat has risen to the surface. Skim off the fat with a spoon and discard fat.
- Store stock in the fridge if you plan to use immediately or in the freezer in a freezer safe container.