Soups & Salads
Bacon Corn Chowder
Prep Time 10
Cook Time 45
- 1/2 Pound Bacon
- 1 Stalk Celery
- 1 Yellow Onion
- 2 Cup Potatoes Diced
- 2 Cups 2% Milk
- 1 Can Corn
- 1 Can Cream Of Mushroom Soup
- 2 Tbsp All-Purpose Flour
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 2 Tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 Cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese
NotesTop with extra bacon, shredded cheddar cheese and crackers.
- Cook bacon in a large pot until crispy. Remove bacon and drain over a paper towel. Remove half of the bacon fat but leave 2-3 tablespoons in the skillet to cook with.
- Cook onion and celery in bacon fat until soft.
- Add all-purpose flower and cook until it turns golden in color.
- Add the corn, potatoes, soup, milk, cheese, garlic powder, and salt and pepper. Raise heat to high and bring to a boil. Once boiling drop to a simmer and place lid on pot.
- Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer about 25 to 35 minutes or until the potatoes are tender, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in 3/4 of the cooked bacon before serving. Serve immediately.