Turkey Shephard’s Pie
Recipe Courtesy of Save A Lot Test Kitchen
Prep Time Varies
Cook Time 30 minutes
- 4 Tbsp Coburn Farms Butter, divided
- 1 Onion, large, ½ -inch dice
- 1 tsp Marcum Italian Seasoning
- ½ tsp Marcum Garlic Powder
- ¼ tsp Marcum Ground Black Pepper
- 3 cups Pickwell Farms Frozen Mixed Vegetables
- 1 cup Marcum Gravy + extra for serving
- 3 cups Shredded or Diced Fully-Cooked Turkey (remove all bones)
- 3 cups Dish’d Mashed Potatoes, seasoned as desired
- ½ cup Coburn Farms Milk
- Preheat oven to 350°F and grease a 2 ½ quart casserole dish. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, melt 2 tablespoons of butter. Add the diced onion and cook for 2 minutes. Season with Italian seasoning, garlic powder and black pepper and continue cooking for an additional 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the mixed vegetables and gravy to the pan and cook, stirring, until mixture is heated through, about 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and mix in the turkey. Transfer this mixture to the prepared casserole dish and use the back of a spoon to smooth it into an even layer.
- Add the potatoes and milk to a pot or a large microwavable safe bowl and mix well. Heat on low until potatoes reach a spreadable consistency. If microwaving, heat in 60 second increments and stir between each until potatoes reach a spreadable consistency.
- Spoon the mashed potatoes evenly over top the turkey filling and use the back of the spoon to spread the potatoes to the edges of the casserole dish.
- Use a spoon to make shallow indentations across the potatoes. Melt the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter and drizzle overtop the potatoes.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Use a large spoon to serve; don’t forget the extra gravy!