Sweet Potato Casserole Muffins
Recipe Courtesy of Save A Lot Test Kitchen
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 25 minutes
- 1 ½ cups Leftover Sweet Potato Casserole
- 1 cup Ginger Evans Granulated Sugar
- ¾ cup Medeiros’s Oil
- 3 Good Nature Eggs
- ½ tsp Marcum Vanilla
- 1 ½ cups Ginger Evans All-Purpose Flour
- 1 ½ tsp Ginger Evans Baking Powder
- 1 Tbsp Marcum Ground Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Ginger Evans Baking Soda
- ½ tsp Marcum Salt
- ¼ tsp Marcum Ground Clove, optional
- ¼ tsp Marcum Ground Nutmeg, optional
- Streusel Topping (optional)
- ¼ cup Coburn Farms Butter, cold and chopped
- 3 Tbsp Kiggins Rolled Oats
- 3 Tbsp Ginger Evans All-Purpose Flour
- 3 Tbsp Ginger Evans Brown Sugar
- 3 Tbsp Nustome Pecans, finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Grease a 12-cup muffin tin or fill with muffin tin liners. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the sweet potato casserole, sugar, oil, eggs and vanilla. Mix until smooth, breaking up any clumps of sweet potato.
- In a separate mixing bowl, whisk together the remaining muffin ingredients.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir until just combined and moistened. The batter will be lumpy. Do not over mix or muffins will be tough.
- Distribute the batter evenly amongst the muffin tins. Top with streusel if using.
- To make streusel, combine all the ingredients together. Using clean hands, use tips of fingers to rub the butter into the other ingredients, creating a coarse meal.
- Alternatively, add all the streusel ingredients into the bowl of a food processor and pulse to form a coarse meal. Sprinkle about 1 heaping tablespoon onto each muffin.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the muffins comes out clean. Allow muffins to cool in pan for 1 minute, then remove to a cooling rack.