Slow Cooker Shredded Chicken
Recipe Courtesy of Save A Lot Test Kitchen
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 3-4 hours or 7-8 hours
- 2-2 ½ lbs. boneless skinless chicken breast (about 4-5 large chicken breasts)
- 2 Tbsp. Marcum chili powder
- 1 Tbsp. Marcum cumin
- 1 Tbsp. Marcum garlic powder
- 2 tsp. Marcum dry cilantro leaf
- 1 tsp. Marcum salt
- 1 tsp. Marcum ground black pepper
- 1 (14.5-oz.) can Pickwell Farms diced tomatoes, with juice
- Combine all the spices together and season the chicken breasts on all sides.
- Add chicken into slow cooker and top with diced tomatoes.
- Cook on high for 3-4 hours or low for 7-8 hours.
- Shred chicken with two forks while still hot. Serve in a variety of ways such as in tacos, burritos, fajitas, nachos, or on a bun; chill the shredded chicken and serve it on a salad.