Slow Cooker Corned Beef
Recipe Courtesy of Save A Lot Test Kitchen
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 4-5 hours on high power or 7-8 hours on low power
- 1 lb. red potatoes, halved (bout 4 medium size potatoes)
- 1 lb carrots, peeled and cut into 3-inch pieces (about 3-4 large carrots)
- 3- 3.5 lb. corned beef brisket flat cut with seasoning packet
- Water, as needed
- Green cabbage, cut into 6 wedges
- Place the potatoes and carrots in the bottom of a large (at least 6-quarts) slow cooker.
- Remove the corned beef and spice packet from the bag. Place the corned beef on top of the vegetables and sprinkle contents of spice packet into the slow cooker.
- Add enough water so that the corned beef is covered with water.
- Cook for 4-5 hours on high or 7-8 hours on low power; or until the internal temperature reaches 145 ° on a food thermometer.
- Remove meat from slow cooker and allow to rest for at least 20 minutes before slicing. For tender cuts, always slice against the grain of the meat.
- While meat is resting, carefully pour the cooking liquid from the slow cooker into a stove pot. Add the cabbage wedges and bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer and cook uncovered until cabbage is tender, about 10 minutes.