Slow Cooked Shredded Pineapple Pork Tacos
Recipe Courtesy of Save A Lot Test Kitchen
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 8 hours
- 3 ½ -4 lb. Bone-in pork shoulder or Boston butt roast
- 1 (1 oz) pkt Senora Verde taco seasoning
- 1 can (20 oz.) Chunk pineapple
- 1 cup Senora Verde mild taco sauce
- Tio Santi tortillas, as needed
- Garnishes as desired such as shredded cheese, shredded lettuce, diced tomato, diced onion, salsa and sour cream
- Add the pork roast to a slow cooker and rub with the taco seasoning. Pour the taco sauce and pineapple (juice included) into the slow cooker and close the lid.
- Cook on low heat for 8 hours.
- Turn slow cooker off or change to “keep warm” setting.
- Prepare any toppings such as chopping lettuce, tomatoes and onion.
- To shred the pork, first remove and discard the bone. Use two forks to shred the pork into bitesize shreds.
- Use a dry skillet or griddle pan to warm the tortillas. Heat on high and toast for about 1 minute per side.
- Assemble slow cooker shredded pineapple pork tacos as desired. Use a slotted spoon or tongs to serve the pork.
- Makes 12 medium or 24 small tacos.