Shrimp Tacos with Mango Salsa
Recipe Courtesy of Save A Lot Test Kitchen
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 5 minutes
- 2 cups Pickwell Farms frozen mango chunks, thawed, ½-inch diced
- 1 Red bell pepper, ¼-inch diced (about ¾ cup)
- 2 Green onions, whites and greens thinly sliced
- 1 Lime, juiced (about 1 Tbsp. juice)
- ⅛ tsp. Marcum chili powder
- Pinch Marcum salt
- 1 pkg (16-oz.) Portside cooked shrimp, medium or large
- 1 Tbsp. Medeiros vegetable oil
- 10 small Tio Santi white corn tortillas
- Senora Verde pickled jalapeno slices, to garnish (optional)
- Prepare the mango salsa by gently mixing the diced mango, bell pepper and green onion in a small bowl. Add the lime juice, chili powder and salt and mix. Set salsa to the side.
- Prepare the shrimp by removing the tails. Pinch the tail where it meets the body of the shrimp and gently pull.
- To heat the shrimp, heat the oil in skillet over medium heat. Add the shrimp and heat for 3-4 minutes or until shrimp are warmed through. Remove from heat.
- Use a dry skillet or griddle pan to warm the corn tortillas. Heat on high and toast until they are slightly golden brown, about 1 minute per side.
- Assemble the tacos by dividing the shrimp and mango salsa evenly across the tortillas. Garnish with pickled jalapeños, as desired.