Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 5 minutes
- 1 lb. frozen shrimp (31-40 ct); peeled and deveined, thawed and drained
- 1 1.25-oz package taco seasoning mix
- 2 limes
- Metal or bamboo kabob skewers
- 4 8-inch flour tortillas
- 2 cups shredded ice berg or Romaine lettuce
- 1 15.5-oz. jar medium or mild salsa
- ½ cup yellow onion, ¼ inch dice
- In a medium bowl, combine shrimp, taco seasoning mix, and 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice. Mix to coat.
- Thread shrimp onto skewers, leaving about 1 centimeter of space between each shrimp. Note: if using bamboo skewers, soak them in water for 10 minutes to prevent burning.
- Heat a grill on medium heat. Place skewers on grill and cook until shrimp are pink and slightly charred, about 1 minute per side. Remove shrimp from grill.
- Optional: warm tortillas briefly on grill or in microwave.
- Assemble tacos: carefully remove shrimp from skewers. Place 7-10 shrimp per tortilla. Top shrimp with a small handful of shredded lettuce, a sprinkle of diced onion, and salsa (to taste).