Potato Chip Chicken Strips
Prep Time 20 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
- 1 ½ - 2 lbs. boneless skinless chicken breast (about 3 large breasts)
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 3 cups crushed potato chips
- 1 ½ cups panko bread crumbs
- Salt & pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a baking sheet pan.
- lice each chicken breast into 4 long strips and then cut each strip in half. Pieces will not be perfectly equal in size and shape due to the tapered shape of chicken breast. Season the chicken with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Set up 3 bowls:
- a. Flour and a pinch of salt and pepper
- b. Eggs and a pinch of salt and pepper
- c. Chip crumbs and panko crumbs and a pinch of salt and pepper
- Coat the chicken in flour and shake off any excess. Then coat in egg and roll in the chip crumbs. It is best if one hand is dedicated to the dry bowls and one hand is dedicated to the egg bowl.
- Repeat process with each piece of chicken and arrange on baking sheet. Bake for 20 minutes or until internal temperature of thickest strips reaches 165 degrees.
- Alternatively, cook chicken in an air fryer preheated to 400°F. Place chicken in basket and leave space between each piece. Spray lightly with cooking oil. Cook for 10-12 minutes, flipping halfway through cook time.
- Depending on the size of the basket, chicken may need to be air fried in batches.
- Serve with BBQ sauce, ketchup, or honey.