Low Carb Cactus and Steak Tacos
An Absolutely Delicious, Authentic Style Mexican Dish
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 10 minutes
- 1 lb of sliced Bottom Round Steak
- 8 large nopales, Eyes and Thorns Removed
- 3 tbsp avocado Oil, Divided
- Salt and Pepper
- 1 tbsp montreal Steak Seasoning
- ½ cup of Ro-tel Diced Tomatoes
- Green chili sauce
- Cojita Cheese
- Heat your grill (or two large skillets) on medium high heat.
- Lightly cover beef and cactus with avocado oil.
- Sprinkle salt, pepper, and seasonings over meat.
- Cook both meat and cactus either on the grill, or in their own pans, for 5 minutes per side.
- When cactus is a muted green, soft to the touch, and has nice char marks, remove from heat and let rest.
- When beef is nicely browned on both sides, remove from heat.
- When cactus is cool enough to hold, scoop beef, ro-tel tomatoes, green chili sauce, cilantro and cheese over cactus.
- Fold like a taco, and enjoy your deliciously carb-free version!