Garlic Shrimp and Broccoli Pasta
Prep Time 5 Minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
- 1 lb. frozen peeled and deveined shrimp; thawed and drained
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. parsley flake
- 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 4 cups fresh broccoli florets, cut into bite-size pieces
- 2 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- 1 16-oz. package angel hair pasta
- ¼ cup butter
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice + 2 Tbsp. water
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
- Salt & pepper
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- In a bowl, combine the shrimp with the garlic powder, parsley flake and a pinch each of salt and pepper. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat vegetable oil over medium heat. Add the broccoli, fresh garlic and a pinch of salt and pepper to the pan. Cook for about 8 minutes, stirring often, until broccoli is tender.
- Meanwhile, cook and drain pasta. Note: angel hair pasta cooks in about 5 minutes.
- While pasta is cooking, melt the butter into the skillet with the broccoli. Add in the seasoned shrimp and cook for about 3 minutes or until shrimp turn pink, flipping the shrimp half way through cooking.
- Add the lemon juice and water mixture to the pan and cook for about 1 minute. Remove skillet from heat.
- Stir in grated parmesan cheese and a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Serve shrimp and broccoli over cooked pasta. Garnish with more parmesan cheese if desired.