Fusion Street Tacos
Recipe Courtesy of Save A Lot Test Kitchen
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
- 1 bag (26 oz.) Jade Dragon General Tso’s chicken
- 10 small Tio Santi soft flour tortillas
- ¼ cup Coburn Farms sour cream
- ¼ cup Kurtz mayonnaise or whipped dressing
- 1 Lime, fresh, juiced (about 1 Tbsp.)
- 1 tsp.Pickling brine from Senora V erde pickled jalapeño slices
- ¼ cup Senora Verde pickled jalapeno slices, minced + extra for garnish
- 2½ c., packed Shredded green cabbage or coleslaw mix
- ¼ cup Fresh cilantro leaves (stems removed), roughly chopped + extra for garnish
- Prepare the General Tso’s chicken according to package directions. Keep warm.
- Meanwhile, prepare the creamy jalapeno lime slaw. In a mixing bowl, combine the sour cream, mayonnaise, lime juice and pickling brine.
- Stir in the minced jalapeños, shredded cabbage and cilantro. Mix well so all the ingredients are fully combined.
- Use a dry skillet or griddle pan to warm the corn tortillas. Heat on high and toast for about 1 minute per side.
- To assemble the fusion street tacos, add 3-4 pieces of chicken to a tortilla and top with about ¼ cup of creamy jalapeno lime slaw. Garnish with cilantro leaves and additional jalapeño slices, as desired.