Prep Time 25 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
- 4 cups diced chicken breast, fully cooked
- 2 10.5oz. cans Kaskey's cream of mushroom soup
- ¾ cup sour cream
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 4 Tbsp. butter, divided
- 8-oz. fresh mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 medium white onion, small dice
- 2 tsp. minced garlic
- 1 tsp. parsley flakes
- 1 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 1 ½ cups frozen peas
- ¾ cup grated parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 lb. spaghetti, cooked
- ½ cup Italian bread crumbs
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Grease a 9x13 casserole dish and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the cream of mushroom soup, sour cream and chicken broth. Whisk until smooth and set aside.
- In a large skillet, melt 2 tablespoons of butter over medium heat. Add the mushrooms and cook until most of the moisture has left the mushrooms, about 12 minutes.
- Add the onion, garlic, parsley flake and Italian seasoning to the pan and cook until onion is translucent, about 3-5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- In the large bowl with the soup mixture, add in the diced chicken, frozen peas, ½ cup parmesan cheese, cooked spaghetti and the cooked mushroom mixture. Mix well until combined.
- Add this mix to the prepared casserole dish.
- Combine the remaining parmesan cheese with the bread crumbs and sprinkle across the casserole. Chop the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter into small pieces and scatter them across the bread crumbs.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until sauce is bubbling. Note: Place casserole dish on a baking sheet to prevent any sauce from dripping onto the bottom of the oven.