Black Bean Burgers
Recipe Courtesy of Save A Lot Test Kitchen
Prep Time 20 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
- 1 (15-oz.) can Wylwood black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 medium-large sweet potato (approximately 8-inches long)
- ½ cup crushed Kiggins corn flake cereal
- 2 Tbsp. Marcum dry minced onion
- 1 tsp. Marcum dry cilantro leaves
- 1 tsp. Marcum garlic powder
- 1 tsp. Marcum ground cumin
- ½ tsp. Marcum salt
- ¼ tsp. Marcum ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 °F. Grease a baking sheet and set aside.
- Prick the sweet potato a few times with a fork. Cook in the microwave until very fork tender, about 5-7 minutes. Let cool.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, use a fork to mash the black beans into a chunky paste. Add in the remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Split the sweet potato in half lengthwise and scoop the cooked sweet potato from the peel into the black bean mixture. Mix well.
- Form the mixture into 4 equally sized patties and place on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Flip each patty and bake for an additional 10 minutes.
- Serve on a bun with desired toppings such as cheese, lettuce, tomato and avocado slices.