BBQ Chicken Grilled Cheese
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 30 minutes
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breast
- 2 Tbsp. Smokey Mesquite Seasoning
- 1/2 cup BBQ sauce
- 2 cups shredded Colby-Jack cheese
- 8 slices of bread
- 4 Tbsp. butter, melted
- Preheat gas grill to medium high heat.
- Prepare chicken breasts by rubbing both sides with seasoning.
- Place chicken breast on grill and cook for about 5 minutes on each side. Brush the grilled breasts with BBQ sauce and cook each sauced side for about 1 -2 minutes or until BBQ sauce is caramelized. Ensure that internal temperature of chicken is 165 degree
- Remove chicken from grill and let rest for 5 minutes before slicing into thin pieces.
- Meanwhile, begin preparing the sandwiches. Brush one side of each piece of bread with melted butter.
- Preheat a large non-skillet at medium heat. Add bread slice, butter side down, to skillet. Spread ¼ cup cheese onto bread, layer on sliced chicken breast, and top with another ¼ cup cheese.
- Top with second piece of sandwich bread, butter side up. Repeat with remaining sandwich ingredients.
- Cook the sandwiches 3-5 minutes on each side or until bread is golden brown.