Spiced Cherry Upside Down Brownies
Recipe Courtesy of Save A Lot Test Kitchen
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 55 minutes
- 1 (21-oz.) can Ginger Evans Cherry Pie Filling
- 4 Tbsp Coburn Farms Butter, melted
- 1 box (21.2-oz.) Ginger Evans Chocolate Chunk Brownie Mix
- 1 Tbsp Marcum Ground Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Marcum Ground Chili Powder
- ¼ tsp Marcum Ground Black Pepper
- 3 Tbsp Water
- ½ cup Medeiros Vegetable Oil
- 3 Good Nature Eggs
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 9x13 inch glass baking dish.
- Cut a piece of parchment paper so that it sits in the bottom of the pan. The paper should sit directly in the bottom and not come up the sides of the pan. Grease the parchment paper.
- This will ensure that the Cherry Upside Down topping will not stick to the pan.
- In a mixing bowl (or in the bottom of the prepared dish), mix the cherry pie filling with the melted butter. Spread evenly across the bottom of the baking dish.
- In a separate mixing bowl, mix together the remaining brownie ingredients. Add the batter to the pan and gently spread across the cherries.
- Bake for 55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the brownies comes out free from brownie batter. Allow brownies to cool in the dish for 20-30 minutes.
- Run a knife alongside the sides of the brownies to ensure that the sides are not sticking to the pan.
- Place a clean baking sheet pan over the baking dish and carefully, in one swift motion, invert the brownies onto the pan. Remove the dish and gently pull off the parchment paper (or the paper may have stayed stuck to the baking dish).
- Enjoy brownies while they are still warm! They pair very nicely with vanilla ice cream!