Peppermint Cheesecake Brownies
Recipe Courtesy of Save A Lot Test Kitchen
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 35-40 minutes
- For brownie batter:
- 1 box Ginger Evans Chocolate Chunk or Chewy Brownie Mix
- 3 Tbsp – ¼ cup Water
- ½ - ⅔ cup Medeiros Vegetable Oil
- 2 Good Nature Eggs
- For cheesecake filling:
- 20 Aces Peppermint Starlights Hard Candy, finely ground
- 1 (8 oz) Block Coburn Farms Cream Cheese, room temperature
- ¼ cup Ginger Evans Granulated Sugar
- 1 Good Nature Egg
- 1 tsp Marcum Vanilla Extract
- Preheat oven to 350 °F. Grease a 9x9-inch baking dish and set aside.
- Prepare the brownie mix according to package directions (there are slight differences in the amount of oil and water used, depending on which brownie mix is being used). Reserve 1 cup of batter & set to the side. Pour remaining batter into the baking pan.
- Prepare the cheesecake filling. Add the peppermint candies to the bowl of a food processor and mix on high until candies are very finely ground. Add the remaining cheesecake filling ingredients to the food processor and mix until smooth.
- Use a spoon to dollop heaping tablespoons of the cheesecake filling across the brownie batter. Scoop the reserved brownie batter on top of the cheesecake filling (it will not fully cover the cheesecake filling).
- Use a knife to swirl the cheesecake filling into the brownie batter, working from side to side (left-to-right and top-to-bottom).
- Bake for 35-40 minutes. Allow to completely cool before cutting. Store covered in the refrigerator.