Grilled Pound Cake with Blueberry Compote
Recipe Courtesy of Save A Lot Test Kitchen
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 2 minutes
- 1 (12-oz.) bag Pickwell Farms frozen blueberries, thawed
- ½ tsp. lemon zest
- 1 cup Coburn Farms heavy whipping cream
- 2 Tbsp. Ginger Evans granulated sugar
- ½ tsp. Marcum vanilla extract
- 1 (10-oz.) Grissom’s pound cake, sliced about 1-inch thick
- Empty blueberries and their juices into a saucepan. Bring to a low boil and reduce to a simmer. Simmer berries for 15 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in lemon zest; set aside.
- Meanwhile, make whipped cream. In a large mixing bowl, add heavy whipping cream. Using a whisk or whisk attachment on an electric mixer, beat the cream until it begins to thicken. Sprinkle in the sugar
- continue to whisk until whip cream thickens to desired consistency. Fold in vanilla extract.
- Preheat grill, grill pan, or griddle on medium heat. Lightly grease grill.
- Grill sliced pound cake about 1-2 minutes per side or until grill marks form.
- Serve grilled pound cake with warm blueberry sauce and whipped cream.