Granny's Chocolate Covered Cherry Cake
Prep Time 0
Cook Time 0
- 1 pkg Chocolate Instant Pudding
- 1 pkg Devil's Food Cake Mix
- 2 cups 2% Milk
- 1 can Cherry Pie Filling
- 1 tub Whipped Topping
- 1 cup Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 1/2 cup Maraschino Cherries
- 1 pkg Cream Cheese
NotesIt was a Christmas tradition to present my grandma with a box of chocolate covered cherries each year. I remember the look of sheer delight on her face as she bit into those little jewels. I wanted to create a cake to honor this precious memory with all the same flavor notes. This recipe succeeds in all aspects. It is both delicious and a show stopper...with the added benefit of being easy to prepare. I think of my dear sweet grandma each time I prepare this cake.
- Prepare cake mix as directed on box using a 9x13x2 inch pan. Let cool in pan.
- In a large bowl with a mixer beat cream cheese with 1/2 cup milk until smooth. Beat in remaining milk and pudding mix. Set aside to thicken.
- Spoon pudding mixture over cake. Top with pie filling. Cover and chill at least 4 hours.
- Just before serving frost with whipped topping. Sprinkle with chocolate chips and maraschino cherries.