Crispy Rice Trees
Recipe Courtesy of Save A Lot Test Kitchen
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 0 minutes
- ¼ cup Coburn Farms butter
- 1 (10-oz.) Ginger Evans package marshmallows
- 5 cups Kiggins crispy rice cereal
- 2 cups Ginger Evans white baking morsels (more or less, as needed)
- ½ cup Ginger Evans semi-sweet chocolate morsels (optional)
- Food coloring, as needed
- Sprinkles and candies
- Coat a 9x13 inch pan with non-stick cooking spray or butter.
- Melt butter on low heat in a large saucepan.
- Add the marshmallows and continue stirring with a non-stick spatula until melted.
- Remove from heat and stir in the crispy rice cereal, mixing well.
- Immediately transfer to the coated pan and press down with a non-stick spatula. Allow crispy rice treats to cool slightly.
- Line a baking sheet pan with wax paper or lightly grease with pan spray.
- Use bunny and egg shaped cookie cutters (or carefully freehand with a small sharp knife) to cut out shapes. Place onto the prepared tray.
- Add the white baking morsels to a microwave safe bowl. Microwave for 30 second intervals, stirring well between each interval, until fully melted and smooth.
- Use two forks to carefully dip the crispy rice treats into the melted white morsels. Allow excess to drip back into the bowl. Place back onto the prepared tray. Coat remaining crispy rice treats.
- Remove a heaping spoonful of the melted white morsels to separate bowls and use food coloring to dye to desired colors. Note: if white baking morsels have firmed, simply microwave for 10-15 second intervals, stirring in between each,
- until it is fully melted and smooth again. If using semi-sweet morsels, melt according to Step 9.
- To decorate, simply add the melted morsels to a small plastic bag and snip a small hole in the corner of the bag and pipe on desired patterns. Decorate with sprinkles and candies.