Cookies & Cream Ice Box Cheese Cake
Prep Time 30 minutes + 4 hours freeze time
Cook Time 5 minutes
- 1 14.3-oz. package chocolate sandwich cream cookies
- 2 cups heavy cream, divided
- 1 8-oz. block cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips, divided
- 1 cup hot fudge sundae topping, divided; plus extra for serving
- Prepare an 8-inch or 9-inch loaf pan by lining it with a large piece of plastic wrap so that the plastic hangs over the short edges of the pan by at least 4 inches. Set pan aside
- Add the cookies into a large zipper bag and use a rolling pin or meat mallet to crush the cookies. Set bag aside.
- Add 1 ½ cups of heavy cream into the bowl of a stand mixer. Using the whipping attachment, whip the cream until stiff peaks form. Remove the whipped cream to a bowl and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Into the same mixer bowl, add the remaining ½ cup of heavy cream, cream cheese, powdered sugar and vanilla. Using the paddle attachment, beat until smooth and creamy.
- Remove whipped cream from the refrigerator and gently fold it into the cream cheese mixture with a rubber spatula until well combined.
- To build the ice box cake layers, first layer ⅓ of the cookie crumbs into the bottom of the pan, drizzle ½ cup of the hot fudge sundae topping (slightly heat fudge to make pourable) on top of the cookies
- sprinkle ½ cup of the chocolate chips on top of the fudge sauce, and then spread ⅛ of the whipped cream mixture across the cookies and fudge. Repeat these layers a second time. Top the second whipped cream layer with the remaining cookie crumbs.
- Use the excess plastic wrap to wrap the top of the cake, adding another piece of plastic wrap across the top if necessary. Gently press the cake down to ensure the layers are in contact with one another.
- Freeze the cake for at least 4 hours.
- Gently unwrap the top of the cake and use the excess plastic wrap to pull the cake out of the pan. Remove the plastic wrap completely.
- Slice and top with hot fudge sundae sauce and enjoy!