Recipe Courtesy of Save A Lot Test Kitchen
Serves Yields 36 truffles
Prep Time 90 minutes
Cook Time 0 minutes
- 1 (14.3-oz.) package Sunny’s chocolate Creamsations or Fudge Mint Thin cookies
- 1 (8-oz.) block Coburn Farms cream cheese, softened
- 1 (12-oz.) bag Ginger Evans semi-sweet or chocolate baking morsels
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Add cookies into the bowl of a food processor and pulse until fine crumbs form. Alternatively, add the cookies to a large zipper bag and crush with a rolling pin.
- Combine the cookie crumbs and cream cheese and mix well.
- Roll into 1-inch balls.
- Allow cookie balls to freeze for one hour.
- Melt the baking morsels in the microwave for 30 second intervals, stirring well between each interval. Continue until fully melted and smooth.
- se 2 forks to dip each cookie ball into the melted chocolate. While truffles are still wet, decorate with shredded coconut, sprinkles, or other small candy pieces.
- Allow chocolate to completely set before enjoying. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.