Champagne Cake Recipe
Prep Time 0
Cook Time 30 minutes
- 2 boxes Ginger Evans white cake mix
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups VERDI Rosa, room temperature
- 6 egg whites
- Buttercream Frosting
- 1 lb. unsalted butter, room temperature
- 4 lb. powdered sugar
- 1 cup VERDI Rosa, room temperature
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 1 cup strawberry jam
- Preheat oven to 350◦F. Grease four 8 or 9 inch circular cake pans. Cut out circles of parchment paper to line the bottoms of the pans and grease the parchment paper. Set pans aside.
- Add the cake mix, oil, VERDI Rosa and egg whites to the bowl of a stand mixer and mix at low speed until moistened. Beat for 2 minutes at medium speed (or 450 strokes by hand). Divide the batter equally amongst the prepareds pans.
- Bake according to package directions depending on the size of cake pan being used. Cake is done when a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Meanwhile, make the buttercream frosting. Add the butter to the bowl of a stand mixer and mix on medium-low speed. Alternate adding the powdered sugar and VERDI Rosa to the butter, mixing well between each addition and occasionally scraping down the sides
- Allow the cakes to cool in their pans for 10-20 minutes before carefully removing. Peel off the parchment paper. Allow cakes to completely cool before frosting.
- For easier frosting, add the buttercream into a piping bag.
- Pipe a thick perimeter of buttercream around the edge of 3 of the cakes and spread ⅓ cup of strawberry jam across each cake. Stack the 4 cakes so that the jam-less cake is the top layer.
- Frost a thin layer of buttercream across the entire outside of the cake and then put the cake in the refrigerator for 15 minutes so that the outside layer of buttercream hardens. Remove from refrigerator and continue frosting a thick layer of butter cream