Mini Cream Cheese Cherry Danishes
Prep Time 15
Cook Time 25
- Desired Parchment Paper
- 3 Tbsp 2% Milk
- Pinch Iodized Salt
- 1 can (21 oz) Cherry Pie Filling
- 1 Tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1/2 Cup Ginger Evans Sugar
- 12 oz (room temp) Cream Cheese
- 2 Cans (16 oz) Crescent Rolls
- Splash Pure Vanilla Extract
- DANISH: Preheat oven to 350F.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Open container of crescent rolls (DO NOT UNROLL THEM). Using a sharp knife, cut into 8 sections - making 8 slices.
- Take each slice and flatten them out in the palm of your hand. Each slice should resemble a small round ?cookie." Place each rounded piece on your prepared cookie sheet.
- Take a Tablespoon measuring spoon and press small holes into each ?danish." Set aside and make filling.
- FILLING: Open can of cherries and dump into a small bowl, set aside.
- In a separate bowl: mix 8 ounces of cream cheese, 2/3 cup sugar and vanilla with an electric mixture until smooth.
- Dollop a 1/2 teaspoon amount of filling into each hole you created earlier.
- Add a 1/2 teaspoon of the cherry pie filling on top of each danish.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown and cream cheese filling starts to spill out of the top of each danish.
- GLAZE: In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat 4 ounces of cream cheese on medium-high speed until light and fluffy, 4 to 5 minutes, scraping down sides of bowl as needed.
- Add 1/2 cup of sugar and beat until combined, about 1 minute.
- Add pinch of salt, lemon juice, and milk; mix on low speed until smooth. If glaze is too thick to drizzle, add more milk, 1 tablespoon at a time.
- Drizzle glaze on top of each danish and enjoy!