Prep Time 20 minutes
Cook Time 30 minutes
- 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil or butter
- ½ medium-sized yellow onion, ½ inch dice
- 10 oz. frozen spinach, thawed and well-drained
- 4 oz. cream cheese, cut into ½ inch cubes
- ½ cup grated parmesan, divided
- ¼ tsp. cayenne pepper
- ¼ tsp. ground black pepper
- ½ tsp. salt
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 (unbaked) 9-inch pie shell
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large skillet, heat vegetable oil over medium heat. Add in diced onion and cook for 5 minutes. Add in drained thawed spinach and a pinch of salt and pepper. Cook for 5 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, beat together parmesan, cayenne, black pepper and salt. Mix in eggs and cream until well incorporated.
- Arrange the cubed cream cheese evenly across the bottom of the pie shell. Add the spinach mixture on top of the cream cheese. Top with egg mixture and sprinkle on remaining ¼ cup parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Can be enjoyed warm, room temperature, or cold.