Recipe Courtesy of Save A Lot Test Kitchen
Prep Time 20 minutes
Cook Time 30 minutes
- 1 Tbsp. Medeiros vegetable oil or Coburn Farms butter
- ½ medium-sized yellow onion, ½ inch dice (about ½ cup)
- 10 oz. Pickwell Farms frozen spinach, thawed and well-drained
- 4 oz. Coburn Farms cream cheese, cut into ½ inch cubes
- ½ cup Coburn Farms grated parmesan cheese, divided
- ¼ tsp. Marcum cayenne pepper
- ¼ tsp. Marcum ground black pepper
- ½ tsp. Marcum salt
- 4 Good Nature eggs
- 1 cup Coburn Farms heavy cream
- 1 Grissom’s deep-dish (9-inch) frozen pie shell
- reheat oven to 350 °F.
- In a large skillet, heat vegetable oil over medium heat. Add in diced onion and cook for 5 minutes. Add in drained thawed spinach and a pinch of salt and pepper. Cook for 5 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, mix together ¼ cup parmesan, cayenne, black pepper and salt. Mix in eggs and cream until well incorporated.
- Arrange the cubed cream cheese evenly across the bottom of the pie shell. Add the spinach mixture on top of the cream cheese. Top with egg mixture and sprinkle on remaining ¼ cup parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 30 minute or until knife inserted into the center comes out clean, and internal temperature reads 145°F on a food thermometer.
- Can be enjoyed warm, room temperature, or cold.