Overnight Breakfast Enchilada Bake
Prep Time 0
Cook Time 45 minutes
- 6 burrito size flour tortillas
- 1 lb breakfast sausage (or substitute ham)
- 6 large eggs
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 small can green chiles
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 3 slices of cheddar jack cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Spray a 9 x 11 baking pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Brown your breakfast sausage in a skillet and mix in green chiles.
- Place 1/2 slice of cheese on a flour tortilla and top with the breakfast sausage mixture and roll and place seam-side down in baking dish. Continue this until each tortilla is rolled and placed in the dish.
- Whisk the eggs and cream together and add a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Pour the egg mixture over rolled tortillas, cover with foil and place in refrigerator overnight.
- When you’re ready to bake the enchiladas, remove them from the refrigerator and place on the counter while you preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Once the oven is preheated, carefully place enchiladas in the oven and bake (still covered) for 45 minutes.
- Carefully remove the enchiladas from the oven and check that the eggs are “set”. Eggs need to be cooked to about 150 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Sprinkle with shredded cheese and chopped green onions and serve.