One Dish Biscuits and Gravy
Prep Time 20 minutes
Cook Time 30 minutes
- 2 lbs Mild Pork Sausage
- As needed, Canola Cooking Spray
- 4 1/2 Cups 2% Milk
- 1 tsp Ground Black Pepper
- 1 tsp Iodized Salt
- 6 Tbsp All-Purpose Flour
- 2 cans jumbo biscuits
NotesIf the gravy is too thick, add a bit more milk. You want the gravy to be thickened but not too thick.
- Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- Prepare spray casserole dish with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Open 2 cans of biscuits, and cut biscuits into quarters. Layer the quarters in prepared pan.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare gravy.
- In a large skillet, brown the ground breakfast sausage over medium high heat until fully cooked.
- Slowly sprinkle the cooked sausage with flour - Use a wooden spoon to stir flour into sausage until completely absorbed.
- Lower heat to medium, and cook flour/sausage mixture for 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Slowly add milk, and stir to combine. Add salt and black pepper. Taste, and adjust seasonings as desired.
- Stir frequently until mixture comes to a slight boil.
- Pour gravy over the cooked biscuits. You might not need all of it.
- Layer the remaining can of uncooked quartered biscuits over the gravy.
- Bake dish for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. If they start to over-brown, you can cover with foil for the last 10 minutes or so.
- Serve immediately