Recipe Courtesy of Save A Lot Test Kitchen
Serves 24 (1/4 Cup servings)
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 45 minutes
- 3 cups Kiggins Old Fashioned Oats
- 2 cups Kiggins Bran Flakes
- 1-½ cups Nutsome Omega-3 or Berry Nut Trail Mix (See Note)
- ¼ cup McDaniel’s Instant Coffee
- ¼ cup Water, hot
- ½ cup Nutsome Hazelnutter Spread
- ¼ cup Medeiros Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Marcum Gourmet Robust Coffee Seasoning Rub (optional)
- Preheat oven to 300°F; lightly grease 1 large or 2 small baking sheet pans.
- In a large bowl, combine oats, bran flakes and trail mix. Note: To ensure cranberries will retain their soft, chewy texture, pick cranberries out from the trail mix and add them after granola has baked.
- Mix instant coffee with hot water and stir until completely dissolved.
- Whisk together coffee mixture, Hazelnutter spread and oil until smooth.
- Pour wet ingredients over the dry; mix well so that all dry ingredients are evenly coated.
- Transfer granola to pan(s) and spread evenly. For added sweet-heat, sprinkle Marcum Gourmet Robust Coffee Seasoning Rub over granola.
- Bake for 45 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes. When granola has finished baking, add in the cranberries.
- Allow granola to completely cool before storing. Granola can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for 1 month.