Homemade Granola Bars
Loaded with nuts and drizzled with chocolate and sea salt
Serves 20 bars
Prep Time 20 minutes
Cook Time 10 minutes
- 2 cups whole unsalted almonds
- 3/4 cup unsalted peanuts
- 3/4 cup (walnuts, almonds or cashews) chopped
- 1/2 cup crispy rice cereal
- 2 tablespoons ground flaxseed
- 1/2 cup honey
- 3 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 2 1/2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- Generously grease a 13 x 9-inch pan with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, add all of the nuts, cereal and flax seed. Set aside.
- Add honey, corn syrup, maple syrup, vanilla and sea salt to a medium saucepan.
- Over medium-high heat continuously stir until the mixture reaches 260 degrees on a candy thermometer.
- Immediately pour the syrup mixture over the nuts. Stir until well incorporated.
- Pour mixture into the prepared pan and spread into an even layer.
- Place in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to harden.
- Once chilled cut into 20 bars.
- Add chocolate chips and coconut oil into a microwave safe bowl.
- Melt in the microwave for 15 second increments until fully melted and smooth.
- Dip the bars in the chocolate and place on parchment paper greased with cooking spray.
- Drizzle with extra chocolate on top of the bars and sprinkle with sea salt, if desired.
- Place back in the refrigerator to let the chocolate set. (About 30 minutes).
- Store the bars in an airtight container for up a week.