Chunky Monkey Breakfast Bake
Prep Time 20 Minutes
Cook Time 55 Minutes
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp. ground cinnamon
- 2, 8-oz. cans crescent rolls
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 bananas
- ½ cup butter (1 stick)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a bunt pan.
- Combine brown sugar and the cinnamon in a bowl; set aside. Slice the bananas in to ¼ -inch rounds; set aside.
- Remove the crescent rolls from cans and separate the individual triangular roll pieces from one another. Slice each triangle into 4 pieces (they will not be exactly equal in shape and size). Toss each piece in the brown sugar mixture.
- Place sugared pieces into the bunt pan, pausing after one single layer is in the pan. At this point, add 1/3 of the chocolate chips and 1/3 of the banana rounds across the rolls in the pan.
- Repeat layering with remaining crescent roll pieces, chocolate chips and bananas; ending the pattern with one final layer of rolls. Gently press down on the layers. Sprinkle any remaining brown sugar cinnamon mixture over the top of the rolls.
- In microwave safe bowl melt the butter. Pour evenly over the rolls in the bunt pan.
- Bake covered with foil for 30 minutes. Remove foil and continue baking for 25 minutes.
- Remove from oven and carefully flip pan onto a large plate. Wait 5 minutes before removing pan. Slice or pull apart.