Recipe Courtesy of Save A Lot Test Kitchen
Prep Time 30 Minutes
Cook Time 40 Minutes
- 12 oz. Farmington bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 lb. Farmington mild pork sausage, cooked
- ½ cup Coburn Farms milk
- 8 oz. Coburn Farms sour cream
- 12 Good Nature eggs
- ½ tsp. Marcum salt
- ½ tsp. Marcum ground black pepper
- 1 Tbsp. Medeiros vegetable oil or Coburn Farms butter
- 1 medium white onion, ½ inch dice (about 1 cup)
- 1 (10 oz.) package Pickwell Farms frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well-drained
- 1 (8-oz.) can Pickwell Farms sliced mushrooms, drained and roughly chopped
- 4 cups Countryside Station shredded hash browns
- 1 cup Coburn Farms shredded Colby jack cheese
- Cook and drain the grease from both the bacon and sausage. Crumble meats into small pieces.
- Preheat oven to 350 °F. Grease a 9x13-inch casserole dish. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the milk, sour cream, eggs, salt and pepper. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat vegetable oil over medium heat. Add in diced onion and cook for 5 minutes. Add in drained thawed spinach, drained mushrooms and a pinch of salt and pepper. Cook for 5 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Begin layering the breakfast casserole. Distribute the frozen hash browns in the bottom of the casserole dish, followed by the cooked meats, followed by the cooked vegetables. Pour the egg mixture into the dish and top with shredded cheese.
- Bake uncovered for 40 minutes or until eggs are fully cooked and internal temperature of casserole reads 145 °F on a food thermometer. Let sit for 10 minutes before cutting.