Time is of the essence during the holidays, especially when you’re on the go. These lightning-fast breakfast bars take some of the stress out of feeding your whole van and allow you to enjoy the ride. With your extra time saved from this recipe, take your family on a holiday road-trip. Whether it’s to the Christmas tree farm, grandma’s house, or the North Pole, this is about soaking up every minute of the journey.
- 1 1/2 sticks (11/2 cups) Coburn Farms unsalted butter quarters, melted
- 1 tsp Bramley’s honey
- 1 tsp Ginger Evans light syrup
- 1/2 tsp Marcum ground cinnamon
- 2 cups Northern Gold Quick Oats
- 1 cup Ginger Evans all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup Ginger Evans brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup Pickwell seedless raisins (optional)
NotesNeeded something to take on the go for breakfast. The breakfast bars store well and taste great.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine melted butter, honey, light syrup and cinnamon and stir. Add oats, flour, brown sugar and water. Stir well.
- Spread mixture to fill square baking dish. Sprinkle raisins on top, if desired. Press lightly to flatten mixture.
- Bake 15 minutes in preheated oven.
- Cool 30 minutes, then cut into bars.