Biscuits and Gravy Casserole
Prep Time 20 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
- 2 lbs Mild Pork Sausage
- 3 ½ cups milk
- ½ tsp. ground black pepper
- ½ tsp. paprika
- ½ tsp. dry parsley
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 2, 16-oz. cans jumbo homestyle biscuits
NotesIf the gravy is too thick, add a bit more milk. You want the gravy to be thickened but not too thick.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Grease a 9x13 inch casserole dish and set aside.
- Open and separate the two cans of biscuits. Cut each biscuit into quarters. Layer half the biscuits into the bottom of the greased pan and bake for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, start the gravy. Heat a large skillet over medium high heat. Add sausage and spices to pan. Brown the sausage until fully cooked.
- Sprinkle the flour evenly over the cooked sausage while stirring, making sure that the flour is fully absorbed by the sausage grease.
- Lower heat to medium and cook the sausage and flour for about 3 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Slowly pour in milk, stirring constantly.
- Cook, stirring, until mixture begins to simmer and thickens, about 5 minutes.
- Pour the gravy over the cooked biscuits. Layer the remaining uncooked biscuits evenly over the gravy.
- Bake for 15 - 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let sit for 5 minutes, serve warm