Biscuits and Gravy Casserole
Recipe Courtesy of Save A Lot Test Kitchen
Prep Time 20 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
- 2 lbs Mild Pork Sausage
- 3 ½ cups Coburn Farms milk
- ½ tsp. Marcum ground black pepper
- ½ tsp. Marcum paprika
- ½ tsp. Marcum dry parsley
- ½ cup Ginger Evans all-purpose flour
- 2 (16-oz.) cans Ginger Evans jumbo homestyle biscuits
NotesIf the gravy is too thick, add a bit more milk. You want the gravy to be thickened but not too thick.
- Preheat oven to 400 °F. Grease a 9x13-inch casserole dish and set aside.
- Open and separate the two cans of biscuits. Cut each biscuit into quarters. Layer half the biscuits into the bottom of the greased pan and bake for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, start the gravy. Heat a large skillet over medium high heat. Add sausage and spices to pan. Brown the sausage until fully cooked.
- Sprinkle the flour evenly over the cooked sausage while stirring, making sure that the flour is fully absorbed by the sausage grease.
- Lower heat to medium and cook the sausage and flour for about 2 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Slowly pour in milk, stirring constantly.
- Cook, stirring, until mixture begins to simmer and thickens, about 5 minutes.
- Pour the gravy over the cooked biscuits. Layer the remaining uncooked biscuits evenly over the gravy.
- Bake for 15 - 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let sit for 5 minutes before serving.