Baking Powder Biscuits
Recipe Courtesy of Save A Lot Test Kitchen
Serves 12 (2 ½ inch) biscuits
Prep Time 20 minutes
Cook Time 18 minutes
- 3 cups Ginger Evans all-purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp. Ginger Evans baking powder
- 1 Tbsp. Ginger Evans granulated sugar
- 1 tsp. Marcum salt
- 6 Tbsp. Coburn Farms cold butter, cubed
- 1 ¼ cups Coburn Farms cold milk
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, sugar and salt.
- Using two forks or a pastry cutter, mix in the cold cubed butter. Mix until the butter pieces are evenly crumbled into the flour. The butter pieces should be no large than a pea.
- Pour the milk into the flour mixture and mix just until the dough comes together, about 20 seconds. Do not over mix or the biscuits will be tough.
- Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface. Use a rolling pin to roll the dough out to 1-inch thickness. Tri-fold the dough and roll it again to 1-inch thickness. Repeat 2 more times.
- Use a 2 ½ -inch round biscuit cutter to cut the biscuits. Alternatively, use a sharp knife to cut the dough into 12 square biscuits.
- Arrange biscuits on a baking sheet and bake for 15-18 minutes or until golden brown. Allow the biscuits to cool on the pan for 2 minutes before serving warm. Store any leftover biscuits in an airtight container.