Apple Turnover Baked French Toast
Recipe Courtesy of Save A Lot Test Kitchen
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 35 minutes
- ¾ cup Ginger Evans brown sugar
- ¾ cup Coburn Farms butter (12 Tbsp.)
- 1 ½ tsp. Bramley’s honey
- 1 tsp. Marcum ground cinnamon + extra
- 1 (21-oz.) can Ginger Evans apple pie filling
- 4 Good Nature eggs
- 1 cup Coburn Farms 2% milk
- 1 tsp. Marcum vanilla extract
- 10 slices Grissom’s white sandwich bread, sliced in half on the diagonal
- Preheat oven to 350 °F and grease a 9x13-inch casserole dish.
- Combine brown sugar, butter, honey and cinnamon in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil; reduce heat to a simmer and cook this caramel mixture for 5 minutes.
- Pour caramel mixture into prepared pan. Pour apple pie filling evenly over the caramel.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together eggs, milk and vanilla. Dip bread slices into egg mixture and arrange over apple filling. Arrange bread triangles in two rows, with bread slices slightly over-lapping one another.
- Drizzle any remaining egg mixture onto the bread slices. Sprinkle with a few pinches of ground cinnamon.
- Bake uncovered for 35 to 40 minutes or until eggs are fully cooked and internal temperature reads 145 °F on a food thermometer.
- Let sit for 10 minutes before serving. To serve, use a spatula to remove 4 triangles from the pan and spoon on caramel apple syrup.