Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 0 minutes
- 1 fresh pineapple, cut into stars using a cookie cutter
- ½ cup fresh blueberries
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, halved and stems removed
- 4 cups white grape juice, chilled
- 4 cups ginger ale, chilled
- Prepare the pineapple:
- Slice off the crown and the base, about 1 inch from the top and bottom, respectively.
- Stand the pineapple up on the bottom side. Carefully remove the rind, starting from the top to the bottom, being careful to preserve as much of the pineapple flesh as possible. Follow the natural curve of the fruit with the knife until all the skin is rem
- Use a small paring knife to remove the circular “eyes” left in the pineapple flesh. Make shallow v-shaped cuts to remove the eyes.
- Slice pineapple into ½ thick rings. Use a star-shaped cookie cutter to cut out pineapple stars.
- Place the prepared fruits in the bottom of a 3-quart pitcher.
- Pour in white grape juice and let sit in the refrigerator for a few hours (optional).
- Pour in the ginger ale. Serve over ice.