Sweet Potato Spoon Bread
Recipe Courtesy of Save A Lot Test Kitchen
Prep Time 20 minutes
Cook Time 55 - 60 minutes
- 3 eggs, divided
- 2 (15-oz.) canned Pickwell Farms cut sweet potatoes in light syrup, drained
- 1 cup Coburn Farms milk
- 4 Tbsp. Coburn Farms butter, melted
- 1 ½ tsp. Marcum ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp. Marcum paprika
- ½ tsp. Marcum ground black pepper
- ¼ tsp. Marcum ground red cayenne pepper
- 2 cups Ginger Evans biscuit & baking mix
- 1 Tbsp. Ginger Evans brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 400 °F. Grease a 2 ½-quart casserole dish. Set aside.
- Add the egg whites to a large bowl or the bowl of an electric stand mixer. Use an electric mixer with the whisk attachment to beat the egg whites into stiff peaks. Remove egg whites to a separate bowl for later use.
- Add the drained sweet potatoes to the same large bowl or the bowl of an electric stand mixer. Use a paddle attachment to beat the sweet potatoes until smooth. Add the egg yolks, milk, melted butter, cinnamon, paprika and ground black pepper. Mix until smo
- Mix in the biscuit & baking mix until there are no large clumps. Gently fold in the egg whites.
- Pour batter into the prepared pan and sprinkle with brown sugar.
- Bake for 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- To serve, use a large spoon to scoop out pieces of the bread.