Stuffed Turkey Jalapeño Poppers
Serves 24 poppers
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
- 1 lb ground turkey (salt and pepper to taste)
- 12 fresh jalapeños
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 24 pieces of turkey bacon (Approximate 1 lb)
- Pepper jelly for dipping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Brown ground turkey in a medium skillet over medium heat, season with salt and pepper to taste, drain any fat off, and set aside.
- Bring a big pot of water to a boil over medium-high heat
- Dump jalapeños into the water and boil for 2-3 minutes
- Remove from water, cut tops off, cut in half length-wise (see images) deseed, and set aside
- In a mixing bowl, combine cream cheese and browned ground turkey, and stir to combine.
- Spoon cream cheese filling into the jalapeños.
- Wrap each one in turkey bacon, and place on a baking sheet.
- Bake at 350 for 12 minutes.
- Turn oven on to broil on high, and broil until bacon is crisp (5 mins)
- Dip in pepper jelly and enjoy!