Sausage and Apple Stuffing
Recipe Courtesy of Save A Lot Test KitchenS
Prep Time 15 Minutes
Cook Time 20 Minutes
- 4 Tbsp. Coburn Farms butter
- 8 oz. fully cooked Farmington. smoked sausage, ½ -inch wide half-moons (about 2 cups)
- 1 medium onion, ½ -inch dice (about 1 cup)
- 2 medium carrots, peeled, ½ -inch dice (about 1 cup)
- 2 celery ribs, ¼ -inch thick sliced (about 1 ½ cups)
- 2 tart apples, ½ -inch dice (about 1 ½ cups)
- 1 ½ cups water
- 6-oz. Dish'd boxed chicken stuffing
- In a large deep skillet, melt the butter over medium heat.
- Add the smoked sausage and cook, stirring often, until it has browned, about 5-7 minutes.
- Add in the onion and carrots and cook for 5 minutes. Add in the celery and apples and cook for an additional 5 minutes. Season with a pinch each of salt and pepper.
- Add water to the skillet and bring to a simmer.
- Stir in the chicken stiffing mix and cover. Remove from heat and let stand for 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork and serve.