Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 5 minutes
- 1 Tbsp yeast
- 1/2 Cup warm water
- 1 tsp Honey
- 1 1/3 Cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1 tsp Iodized Salt
NotesTry freezing the pretzels and reheating later for the perfect snack!
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Put the yeast in a small bowl with the water and honey. Stir a little, then let the mixture sit for 5 minutes.
- Mix the flour and salt together in a medium-size bowl. After the 5 minutes is up, check on the yeast mixture. It should be bigger than before and a little bubbly.
- Add this mixture to the flour and salt mixture. Stir everything together. Use a spoon to start, finish with your hands. The dough is ready when it's still a little crumbly and flaky.
- Put the dough on a cutting board and knead it like you are playing with clay. Knead it into one big ball. Break off a piece of dough that's about the size of a big gum-ball.
- Use your hands to roll it into a skinny snake. Twist the snake into a medium-size pretzel shape, and put it on the cookie sheet. Do this with all the dough, making 12 pretzels.
- Bake your pretzels for 10 minutes. Let them cool.