Pastel Deviled Eggs
Prep Time 30 min
Cook Time 25 minutes
- 7 Hard-Cooked Eggs, Peeled
- 1/4 Cup Mayonnaise
- 1 Tsp Mustard
- 1/2 Tsp Ground Mustard
- 1/2 Tsp Parsley Flakes
- 1/4 Tsp Seasoned Salt
- Dash Paprika
Fill at least four glasses half way with water (more glasses if you plan to make secondary colors). Add 1 teaspoon vinegar to each glass and 3 drops of food coloring. Place eggs in desired color one at a time.
Remove eggs when they develop a pastel hue. Drain upside down on a paper towel. Wait until dry before adding yolk mixture.
Dusty Rose: 7 drops of red + 3 drops of blue
Orange: 4 to 5 drops of yellow + 1 drop of red
Purple: 6 drops of red + 7 drops of blue
Mint Green: 7 drops of green + 3 drops of yellow
- Boil Eggs.
- Allow to cool for 15-20 minutes before refrigerating.
- Refrigerate at least 30-60 minutes before peeling.
- Peel eggs.
- Slice eggs in half lengthwise.
- Remove yolks; place in a small bowl. Mash yolks with fork.
- Stir in mayonnaise, dijon and ground mustard, parsley and seasoned salt until smooth. Set aside in fridge.
- Color eggs in food dye mixture (follow dying directions). Let dry on paper towel.
- Once all the egg whites are dyed - Spoon or pipe yolk mixture into egg white halves. Sprinkle with paprika
- Refrigerate 1 hour or until ready to serve.