Minty Romesco Dip
Serves 1 1/2 cups
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 7 minutes
- ¼ cup hazelnuts
- 3 roasted bell peppers from a jar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Pinch ground black pepper
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 small shallot, chopped
- ¼ cup vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1½ tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- Preheat oven to 400ºF. Put hazelnuts on a rimmed baking sheet lined in parchment paper.
- Roast hazelnuts until slightly dark about 5 to 7 minutes. Keep a watchful eye so they don't burn.
- Heat ¼ vegetable broth in a small frying pan over medium heat. Add the garlic and shallot until softened; about 2-3 minutes.
- In a food processor, add hazelnuts, bell peppers, shallot/garlic mixture, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Process until coarse, but smooth. Add the mint and pulse a couple of times. Taste and add more seasoning if necessary.
- Spoon into a serving bowl with a squeeze of fresh lemon juice on top.