Loaded Mashed Potato Balls
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
- 1 cup vegetable or canola oil, for frying
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 2 1/2 cups prepared mashed potatoes at room temperature
- 3/4 cup cheddar cheese
- 3 tablespoons grated parmesan
- 1/2 tablespoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium/high heat
- Pour lightly beaten egg into a shallow bowl.
- Pour breadcrumbs into a separate bowl and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the prepared mashed potatoes, cheddar cheese, parmesan, garlic, chives, and salt and pepper. Mix thoroughly with a rubber spatula
- Roll mixture into 1-inch balls
- Dip each ball into the egg mixture, drip off any excess, and then coat with breadcrumbs.
- Add the mashed potato balls to the skillet, 5 or 6 at a time, and cook about 2-3 minutes, until evenly golden and crispy.
- Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate. Serve immediately