Homemade Onion Rings
Prep Time 10
Cook Time 5-7
- 1 Large Yellow Onions
- 1 Separated Grade A Large Eggs
- 1 1/4 Cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1 Tsp Baking Powder
- 1 Tsp Iodized Salt
- 1/2 Cup 2% Milk
- 3/4 Cup Seasoned Breadcrumbs
- 4 Cups Vegetable Oil
- Heat the oil in a deep skillet at 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Separate the onion slices into 1/2 inch rings and set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine dry ingredients and stir together to mix. In a separate bowl, beat egg yolk, then stir in milk. Combine wet and dry ingredients and stir until smooth.
- In a third bowl, beat egg white until soft peaks form, then fold into the egg-flour mixture, stirring until smooth.
- Dip onion rings into batter and fry in oil until onion rings turn golden brown, for about 5-7 minutes.
- Retrieve with tongs or a fork. Drain the cooked onion rings on a paper towel, and let cool for a few minutes. Serve warm with Kurtz ketchup!