Homemade Microwave Potato Chips
Prep Time 10
Cook Time 5
- 1 Idaho Potatoes
- 3 Tsp. Iodized Salt
- 8 Cups Water
- Pour 4 cups of water into a medium-sized bowl.
- Slice one small potato very thinly. (You do not need to peel the potato first, although you can if you prefer.) As you slice the potatoes, put them into the bowl of water.
- When the entire potato is sliced, drain the water from the bowl, then re-fill once again with 4 cups of water. Let the potato slices soak for 5 minutes.
- Remove the potato slices from the water and dab dry with kitchen towels until much of the moisture is removed from each slice.
- Cut your first piece of parchment paper to fit the size of the glass tray in your microwave. Place parchment paper directly on glass tray. Spread potato slices evenly on the lined microwave dish, so they are not touching. Sprinkle evenly with salt.
- Cook for 2 minutes on high. Flip potatoes, sprinkle second side with a little more salt, then cook for 2-3 more minutes. Watch the chips and remove from microwave as they turn a light golden brown. (Some chips will be taken out sooner than others.)
- Repeat this cooking process for each batch of sliced potatoes.