Grilled Pineapple Rounds
Prep Time 15
Cook Time 15
- 1 Fresh Pineapple
- Pinch of Iodized Salt
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
NotesIf you're bored at the grill, try grilling fruit! Grilling can extract fruits' natural sugars by caramelizing the surface. The result is a delicious, healthy topping for vanilla ice cream!
- Remove pineapple rind.
- Remove pineapple core and slice crosswise into 6-8 rounds.
- Heat grill to high; brush grates with oil.
- Toss pineapple rounds with olive oil and season with salt.
- Place rounds on grill. Cover, and cook until charred and tender, turning once, 8 to 12 minutes.
- Serve as a side dish or eat with a scoop of ice-cream!