Caramelized Onion Dip
Recipe Courtesy of Save A Lot Test Kitchen
Serves Yields 2.5 cups
Prep Time 40 minutes
Cook Time 0 minutes
- 3 large onions, ½-inch dice (about 4 cups)
- ¼ cup Medeiros vegetable oil
- 1 (8-oz.) block Coburn Farms cream cheese
- 1 cup Coburn Farms plain Greek yogurt
- 1 Tbsp. Marcum dry parsley flake
- 1 tsp. Tipton Grove lemon juice
- ½ tsp. Ginger Evans granulated sugar
- ¼ tsp. Marcum salt
- Pinch Marcum ground black pepper
- Heat the vegetable oil over medium-low heat. Add the onions and cook until caramelized, about 25-30 minutes, stirring frequently. The onions will turn a caramel-brown color.
- Remove from heat and melt in the cream cheese. Stir until smooth.
- Transfer onion and cream cheese mixture to large bowl and add in the remaining ingredients. Mix well. Alternately, add all ingredients to a bowl of a food processor and pulse until well incorporated.
- Allow dip to set up in the refrigerator for a few hours before serving. Serve with cut vegetables such as carrot and celery sticks.